The Design Gallery competition at The Special Event 2017 in Long Beach, Calif., is open for entries
The Design Gallery 2016 winner: 'Baroque Gone Bold' by Imperial Event Rentals, Miami.
Ready to showcase your team's design talent? Then show the world--enter the Design Gallery competition at The Special Event 2017.
Special Events magazine will showcase eight great design vignettes at The Special Event 2017, Jan. 10-12 in Long Beach, Calif. The Design Gallery is a highlight of the show floor and the work of our entrants explodes on social media.
PRIZES FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS All participants will win a free education package to The Special Event 2017 (a $800 value) and complimentary electronic VIP exhibit hall guest passes for your clients and colleagues, along with extensive media exposure.
The winner and all participants will be saluted at the Opening General Session. And Special Events will promote the Design Gallery—both entrants and their vendors—on social media. To receive the prize package, tabletops must be installed on-site by the judging deadline on Jan. 10; no-shows will not qualify.
HOW TO ENTER:
1) Submit a photo or rendering of your proposed design. Designs are showcased in a 12-by-12-foot space and include seating for 8 guests. Any kind of supports must be ground support
To give you a sense of the gallery, here are images from Design Gallery 2016.
2) Include a 50-word description on your interpretation of your theme.
Entries are ranked on the following criteria:
- Aesthetics (balance, visual unity)
- Theme consideration: Is the design in keeping with the theme?
- Execution: What is the overall quality of materials and styling?
WHERE TO SEND YOUR ENTRY For consideration, mail or e-mail your rendering and supporting materials to:
Design Gallery 2017
11500 W. Olympic Blvd., Suite 574
Los Angeles, CA 90064, USA
Deadline: July 15
Questions? Click here.