Special Events magazine announces the launch of its annual Tabletop Gallery design competition, where 10 great tabletops will be showcased on the trade show floor at The Special Event 2015, Jan. 7-8 in Anaheim, Calif.
The pretty table 'Refreshmint' from Wedding 101, Nashville, Tenn., showcased at The Special Event 2014. Photo by Special Events.
Are you tops at tabletop design? Then it’s time to show off your talent. Special Events magazine will showcase the best tabletop designs in two budget categories at The Special Event 2015, Jan. 7-8 in Anaheim, Calif. The Tabletop Competition--a highlight of the show floor--is the industry's premier presentation of creativity and skill in tabletop design.
PRIZES FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS All participants will win a free education package to The Special Event 2015 (worth $825), two passes to the 2015 Design Galleries (worth $50), a ticket to Michael Cerbelli's "Hot List" showcase (worth $45) and free passes for 5 members of your tabletop installation team to the trade show floor (worth $250). Total value of your prize package: $1,170.
To receive the prize package, tabletops must be installed on-site by the judging deadline on Jan. 6; no-shows will not qualify.
HOW TO ENTER Here's what to do to enter:
1) Choose your category:
Category 1: Tabletops Under $1,000
Category 2: Tabletops $1,000 and Above
2) Submit a photo or rendering of your proposed tabletop design. Designs should be realistic for an actual event of 20 tables seating eight each.
3) Include a 50-word description on your interpretation of your theme.
4) List the rental retail cost per tabletop, including the cost of floral, centerpiece, linen, serviceware, flooring (if appropriate), etc.
Entries are ranked on the following criteria:
· Aesthetics (balance, visual unity)
· Theme consideration: Is the design in keeping with the theme?
· Execution: What is the overall quality of materials and styling?
· Appropriateness: Would this tabletop work at an actual special event?
· Objective: Does the table succeed?
WHERE TO SEND YOUR ENTRY For consideration, mail or e-mail your rendering and supporting materials to:
Tabletop Gallery 2015
11500 W. Olympic Blvd., Suite 574
Los Angeles, CA 90064, USA
Deadline: Oct. 10
Questions? Click here.