The International Special Events Society (ISES) released its Global Business Survey yesterday, with more than 75 percent of those surveyed predicting strong growth during 2014-2015.
The survey, conducted during March 2014 across all 5,500 ISES members in the U.S., Canada, U.K., Europe, Middle East, Africa and Australasia, shows the general level of business confidence being very high both in terms of projected agency and supplier sales growth and direct client spending on events, ISES reports.
Highlights from the report:
- 78 percent of those surveyed expect business to grow during 2014-15
- 18 percent expect business to remain the same
Of those expecting growth:
- 52 percent forecast more than 25 percent
- 26 percent forecast more than 10 percent
- 18 percent forecast more than 50 percent
On client spend:
- 57 percent expect direct client spend on events to increase in 2014-15
- 36 percent expect direct client spend on events in 2014-15 to remain the same
"This survey shows that the event industry is continuing to recover, not just locally but globally, and that there is a very strong demand for event products and services across all sectors with both supplier sales and client spend increasing at a fast pace," said Brian Acheson CSEP, ISES international president. "Providing face to face communication and delivering live event experiences is what ISES people do best, and we look forward to assisting our members achieve even greater success as we continue to promote the value of this incredible industry.”