Special Events magazine invites tabletop designers to enter their work in the 2014 Tabletop Gallery competition
"Autumn" tablescape by A Magical Affair, Franklin, Tenn., a finalist at The Special Event 2013 in Chicago. Photo by Special Events.
Are you tops at tabletop design? Then it’s time to show off your talent. Special Events magazine select the best tabletop designs in two budget categories at The Special Event 2014, Jan. 8-10 in Nashville, Tenn. The Tabletop Competition--a highlight of the show floor--is the industry's premier presentation of creativity and skill in tabletop design.
PRIZES FOR ALL FINALISTS All finalists will win a free education package to The Special Event 2014 (worth $825) and a free ticket to the "TSE Starts Here" party (a $45 value). Tabletops must be installed on-site by the judging deadline; no-shows will not qualify.
HOW TO ENTER
1) Choose your category:
Category 1: Tabletops Under $1,000
Category 2: Tabletops $1,000 and Above
2) Submit a photo or rendering of your proposed tabletop design. Designs should be realistic for an actual event of 20 tables seating eight each.
3) Include a 50-word description on your interpretation of your theme.
4) List the rental retail cost per tabletop, including the cost of floral, centerpiece, linen, serviceware, flooring (if appropriate), etc.
Entries are ranked on the following criteria:
· Aesthetics (balance, visual unity)
· Theme consideration: Is the design in keeping with the theme?
· Execution: What is the overall quality of materials and styling?
· Appropriateness: Would this tabletop work at an actual special event?
· Objective: Does the table succeed?
WHERE TO SEND YOUR ENTRY For consideration, mail or e-mail your rendering and supporting materials to:
Tabletop Gallery 2014
11500 W. Olympic Blvd., Suite 574
Los Angeles, CA 90064, USA
Deadline: Oct. 30
Questions? Click here.